THIS IS A PRE-ORDER FOR MARCH/APRIL 2021
Jersey Supreme asparagus plants are the newest asparagus release from the Jersey asparagus breeding program, Supreme has very high yield potential as demonstrated by trial results.
JERSEY SUPREME ASPARAGUS PLANTS
Jersey Supreme asparagus plants are the newest asparagus release from the Jersey asparagus breeding program, Supreme has very high yield potential as demonstrated by trial results. The spear size is more uniform than the other Jersey hybrids. Supreme is quite early, cold tolerant and is adapted to temperate, warm and cool climates. This hybrid is best adapted to light to medium sandy soils. Supreme has demonstrated very good rust resistance and selected for its tolerance to fusarium.
- Best in Zones:
- 3 - 8
- Freezing Quality:
Planting Information for Asparagus Plants
- 12" – 14" between plants unless otherwise specified
- 6" – 8" between plants is recommended for Purple Passion
- 3’ between rows
- Furrows should be 8" – 10" deep for most soils
- Furrows of 8" is recommended for heavier clay–like soils
- Add 30 percent sand to the soil to help with drainage. This will help them from root rot and fungal growth.
- Jersey Supreme asparagus Plants need a well–drained site
- Lighter soils may require more frequent watering
- Important to maintain moisture during establishment year
- Before planting Jersey Supreme asparagus plantsadd 5lbs of 10–10–10 per 100 sq ft
- In establishment year dress in August with 1 lb 10–10–10 per 100 sq ft and work into top 2" of soil
- In following years use 2lbs 10–10–10 per 100 sq ft in early spring and again following harvest
- Lime, bone meal, and super phosphate help maintain proper soil levels
- pH: 7.0–7.2 This is very important
Shipping is always free accept for
(Orders with a zip code higher than 75000 will be subject to a $5.50 shipping Charge)
These are Male Hybrids: Fresh, Live, Large Roots, NON GMO
Do not hesitate to call at 919-696-0328
For planting instructions please Go Here!