ARABIAN COFFEE TREE SEEDS , ‘Pendula’ Coffea arabica is a species of Coffea originally indigenous to the forests of the southwestern highlands of Ethiopia.
ARABIAN COFFEE TREE SEEDS
ARABIAN COFFEE TREE SEEDS , 'Pendula' Coffea arabica is a species of Coffea originally indigenous to the forests of the southwestern highlands of Ethiopia. It is also known as the "coffee shrub of Arabia", "mountain coffee", or "arabica coffee". C. arabica is believed to be the first species of coffee to be cultivated, and is by far the dominant cultivar, representing some 70% of global production. Coffee produced from the less acidic, more bitter, and more highly caffeinated robusta bean (C. canephora) makes up the preponderance of the balance.
Wild plants grow between 9 and 12 m (30 and 39 ft) tall, and have an open branching system; the leaves are opposite, simple elliptic-ovate to oblong, 6–12 cm (2.5–4.5 in) long and 4–8 cm (1.5–3 in) broad, glossy dark green. The flowers are white, 10–15 mm in diameter and grow in axillary clusters. The seeds are contained in a drupe (commonly called a "cherry") 10–15 mm in diameter, maturing bright red to purple and typically contains two seeds (the coffee beans).
- Plant the seed 1.5" deep in a deep pot. Coffee needs lots of depth for the taproot. Don't use a little seedtray -use a real pot. Keep moist but don't oversaturate.
- The potential for germination will continue for almost four months, but after this time the germination rate is several fold less and germination time is significantly longer. Fresh seeds should germinate in 2.5 months, but old seeds can take as long as 6 months. Coffee in pergamino is even better. If this is available plant the coffee face down in the pergamino.
- It is advisable to pre-germinate the seeds. First soak the coffee seeds in water for 24 hours. Then sow the seeds in damp sand or wet vermiculite in which the excess water has been drained. Otherwise, you can place the seeds between moist coffee sacks, which should be watered twice a day and drained well.
- Once the coffee seed germinates, very carefully remove it from the sand, vermiculite, or burlap bags. Make a hole about 1.25 cm deep in a friable loam soil with a high humus content. Rotted manure, bone meal, and dried blood can also be added. If this type of soil is not readily available try a light weight and porous soil. Place the seed flat side down in the hole and sprinkle soil over the hole. Do not press the soil down firmly. Placing a 1/2 inch of mulched grass on top will help preserve moisture, but should be removed when the seed has fully germinated.
- The seeds should be watered daily. Too much water or too little water will kill the seed. The soil should remain well drained, but moist at all times.
- After germination, the coffee plant should either be left alone or carefully removed and planted in a soil with a low pH (acidic) and high nitrogen content. The soil should be porous. Therefore, course sand or basalt gravel dust can be added. Manure can also be added. A fertilizer that is appropriate for orchids can be used sparingly for the coffee plant to maintain mineral levels and a low pH.
Terms of Condition: Your guarantee is that every plant we ship is of the finest quality and that your order will be carefully handled and shipped to ensure that you receive a healthy product. If your product arrives damaged, please contact customer service at Hand Picked Nursery and a claim will be initiated with the carrier. You will need to retain the package(s) for a minimum of 7 days, as the parcel company may want to inspect the damaged product. We will reship the damaged replacement product after the delivering carrier has approved the damage claim. If we are currently out of stock of that item, we will gladly offer a substitute, or you may wait until the next shipping season for your area. We are not responsible for shipping delays or damage in shipment. We will not honor claims that are made more than 48 hours after receipt of the damaged product. Just call us at 919-696-0328
Healthy Plants: As with all living plants, containerized or bare root, death loss is possible. It is virtually impossible to achieve a 100% survival rate. If you have properly cared for (as posted on our site) your newly purchased plants and you experience a loss during the first 30 days, either write to Hand Picked Nursery,6953 ogburn farms drive, willow springs NC 27526 or send an email to email@example.com detailing your loss. Hand picked Nursery. will replace any plant that dies during the first 30 days upon payment of one-half of the current selling price as posted on our web site. Hand Picked Nursery will only replace the plants one time. Hand Picked Nursery reserves the right to request a soil sample for evaluation. In the event that the plants were planted in an environment that is not conducive to that plant's health, i.e., poor soil conditions, high mineral levels etc. our guarantee is null and void. We do not refund money, but we will gladly replace the plant(s) per our guarantee if all warranty conditions are met. Hand Picked Nursery must receive all warranty claims within 30 days from the date of delivery of your plants to the address specified on the order. Claims received by Hand Picked Nursery after 30 days of delivery will not be honored. Product replacement will only be sent to the original shipping address. Claims will not be accepted if the shipping address is different than the original shipping address. If we are currently out of the plant, we will gladly offer a substitute, or you may wait until the next shipping season for your area. You will be responsible for payment as set forth above.
Our guarantee does not cover plants planted in fill, scraped ground, or ground unsuitable for those species as outlined in the informational material contained on this web site. pertaining to particular species of plants. Any destruction of plants resulting from weather, livestock, drought, insecticides or herbicides, fires, floods, etc. are not covered by this guarantee. Our guarantee does not cover plants that are planted in a Zone(s) not recommended for the plant. Zones are posted on each product page. In the event of multiple claims or excessive losses, we may require a soil test to determine soil compatibility problems.
EXCEPT AS SET FORTH ABOVE, HAND PICKED NURSERY DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY, REGARDING ANY PRODUCT PURCHASED FROM NATURE HILLS NURSERY, INC., AND HAND PICKED NURSERY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE CONSTITUTE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU. NATURE HILLS NURSERY, INC. SHALL NOT, IN ANY EVENT, BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES IN AN AMOUNT GREATER THAN THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE OF ANY PLANT.
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, Hand Picked Nursrey may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.